Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Quick Update

On Sunday, Steven and Westin came over for a little while. They were in town for the a St. Francis class reunion. Steven's driver side window broke, so the rain delayed their departure a bit. I know it got them home late, but we were glad to have some extra time to play and to introduce Westin to Star Wars. Brady was happy to have another kiddo around too. He crawled up in the lazy boy with Westin.
Every summer we go to the Heidelberg Lodges in New Braunfels, at the mouth of the Comal River. We were sad to find out that early this morning a really heavy rain flooded a lot of the lodges, the Rockin' R and other low lying areas. Our trip is schedule for July 12th - 18th. We really hope that the river and the lodges will be accepting guests again by then. Here's a picture of Steven, Westin and Taylor last year on the big rock. This big tall rock, that hovers over the water, is now covered in water.
Here's a picture of Brady and Taylor in the river last year. I can't believe how much he's grown!
On Friday, I had my 10 year high school reunion. Grammy came over to Bradysit one last time before her flight to Paris on Saturday. We're going to miss Grammy and Pappaw. They should return in mid-July.
On Wednesday, we made dinner and brought it over to the Wetterauers. I was tickled to get to play with Kylie quite a bit.
I came downstairs one morning, after my shower, and saw Brady and Taylor on the couch eating breakfast. I thought it was cute, so I pulled out the camera.
I bought the "Original Superfood" juice. It's a really awful shade of green and very thick, but surprisingly smooth and sweet. Brady liked it and ended up with this funny mustache.
Tonight I baked a blackberry pie. It was my first time to do a woven crust, which made me want to take a picture.

No comments: