Monday, July 19, 2010

New Braunfels 2010

When we came home from the Heidlelberg Lodges last year, I swore I would take more pictures of the group instead of just Brady... Well, maybe 2011 will be the year I take pictures of the rest of the crew.
As an almost valid excuse for not taking pictures, Taylor and I got pink eye. Brady managed to steer clear of it. Taylor's eye was almost swollen shut for awhile and we had a nice tour of the New Braunfels health facilities trying to find someone to take us in.
There are 5 kids Brady's age that go on this trip every year. There were plenty of pool toys, and we didn't hesitate to play with other people's toys. It would feel silly to buy our own, though we did feel bad for not contributing. We went to Target one morning and found this little lawn mower on sale. It ended up being the favorite toy of every 2 year old there. $13 well spent...
Brady liked watching the big kids play pool (the billiard type not the swimming type). He would look at them and say, "My Turn?" His turn really only came first thing in the mornings before the teens woke up.
Brady would put the cue ball in one of the pockets and run to catch it at the end of the table. This game lasted for a good 10 - 15 minutes at a time.
Brady eating more of his, "menomenon." I think Taylor and I are the only ones who would recognize what he's asking for.
I didn't take pictures of it, but we went to the Wildlife Drive-Thru Zoo (next door to the Natural Bridge Caverns). It was so much fun! A zebra ate out of my hand. Brady loved throwing food to the animals. Towards the end Brady was a little traumatized when an ostrich attacked our window. We definitely hope to do it again, but maybe when it's cooler outside.

With all the job and housing stress, I was really grateful to get away for some R&R. During Brady's naps and his early bed times, I read the second book of the Hunger Game Series and the first book of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series. What a great escape

No comments: