Saturday, February 18, 2012

So long 20 somethings...

I turn 30 on Mardis Gras this year. To celebrate, my family got together at City Centre for lunch today.
Brady couldn't understand why Papa wouldn't want to share a lollipop.
... so he gave up and offered it to me.
Grammy and her favorite baby girl.
It was too cold to eat on the patio of Ruggles Green, so we had lunch at Yard House. They sat us at two booths and we divided into the boys table and girls table. Brady and Luke L-O-V-E playing with Sam... Why does it take a photograph to make me realize how badly Brady and I need haircuts?
Part of the girls table
Grammy, Pappaw and Megan gave me Ikea gift cards which enabled us to buy a chair for Anna Belle's room. After lunch and before our dinner with college friends, we went to Ikea to pick it up. We were excited to assemble it tonight. Here's the latest pic of Anna Belle's room reno.
I honestly feel good about turning 30. I feel afraid of how quickly the next 10 years will fly by, but I'm really happier than I've ever been. I feel extremely blessed to have such a wonderful husband who loves us and provides for us. I have two beautiful, charming, healthy children. My mom visits frequently, loves my kiddos and is truly my best friend. I feel like Anna Belle's mommy attachment extends to her Grammy. My mom and sister love and help watch the kids, so Taylor and I can get away every now and then. Brady adores my sister and the way she brings magic (and "the force") into his life. What more could a girl ask for?

2 comments:

Mark said...

Thanks for sharing, and an early Happy Birthday to you!

phillip said...

Happy Birthday!