Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A very different Easter

This picture was taken on Easter day in 2004. It's my favorite picture of Nana and I; I've had it in a frame for years. I've always been particularly sentimental about my Nana. As a little girl, I always treasured the stuffed animals that Nana would give me. On my wedding day, I wore the pearl she gave me in Hawaii when I was five.
My beloved Nana has been in ICU for the past week with a fatal brain virus and congestive heart failure. She has very few moments of lucidity. On Saturday, my mom went to visit her and heard her praying that she would be able to tell her family how much she loves them. I spent the next 24 hours praying that I would have an opportunity to say goodbye. This Easter Sunday, I was blessed with a brief moment where she was awake, recognized me and asked how Brady was and we got to exchange our "I love yous".
Times like these give us a different perspective on Easter and the loving sacrifice that Christ made for us. I'm also appreciative of the loving family that Nana's given to us.

We had Easter brunch at Nana and Papa's house before going to the hospital. Here's a picture of Papa, Luke, Brady and Brianna.


When we sat the baby boys next to one another, Brady did his growling laugh and started to pull at Luke's shirt. This manly bonding didn't exactly make for the best picture, but I had to include it because it made us laugh.


No comments: