Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Doctors

When Brady was 3 months - 8 months, I felt like Brady and I were sick all the time. I started changing our diet and tried taking a more holistic approach to medicine, and we both seem to be doing a lot better. In short, Taylor took Brady to the doctor yesterday for his first well check-up and vaccinations in 18 months. Before they even started Brady was crying and holding on to Taylor saying, "All done, all done." On his way out he was crying and saying bye-bye to all the doctors and nurses.

Brady's is 27 lb and is in the 25th - 50th percentile. He's 32 inches tall which is the 10th - 25th percentile and his BMI is 18.53 which is in the 80th percentile. For adults, healthy BMI is from 18.5 - 24.9. I never really saw a problem with Brady's weight, but I guess it should have been a warning sign when his teachers started calling him "Gordo" for eating 3 bowls of Cheerios each morning. Hopefully he'll have a little growth spurt so his weight his more fitting to his little frame.

I still need to go to the dentist. I cancelled 2 appointments to finish my crown (for my cracked tooth), due to nausea. It will be good when I feel well enough to go get this tooth fixed.

My nausea is starting to get depressing; I feel like I keep getting worse instead of better. Fortunately, nausea should peak at weeks 9 - 12 and I'm 12 weeks along tomorrow. I went to the doctor on Monday and saw a healthy little heartbeat. It was also fun to schedule our big ultrasound for October 26th, which is when we find out the sex of the baby.

2 comments:

Kim & Nathan said...

Have you ever tried the boiron pills? They are a homeopathic medicine similar to something like hylands teething tablets. They have everything from joint pain to nausea and mood swings haha. I've never tried them, but I always see people buying them @ the natural grocery store we shop at.

Michelle Bacot said...

I looked into the Boiron brand products, and it seems as though they don't even have any remedies for nausea and vomiting. I appreciate the tip though; it looks like a product I may use in the future for other ailments.