Saturday, November 19, 2011

First Magical Day

We're at Walt Disney World! Taylor, Brady and Anna Belle are all first timers. It makes me giggle how frequently the "cast members" wish you a "magical day". It makes me want to add magic to all of my questions. "Can you help me find the most magical place to take pictures of this ride?" Taylor jokes, "Where can I find the magical restrooms?"
Our first Disney parade
These photos are from the All Star Movie Resort, which we stayed at for one night before coming to my Papa's timeshare.

We stayed in one of the Fantasia themed buildings.
Reservations for Chef Mickey's go really quickly. Fortunately, a few friends of ours let us know that Disney frequently keeps a small block open for walk-ins. We came when they opened, they said it might be a 2 hour wait. 20 minutes later, they seated us?! Now THAT was magical.
Brady was really apprehensive at first, but eventually warmed up to the characters. Chef Mickey's has Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. It's also fun to be in the Contemporary Resort, where you can watch the monorail travel through the building.
Minnie was very sweet with Anna Belle.
We left Houston 5pm Thursday, drove through the night and arrived to our resort around noon. I was really glad they could check us in right away. We enjoyed our dinner a lot, but my favorite part was riding with Brady on the monorail when he first saw the Disney castle. It almost brought tears to my eyes to see how happy and excited he was.

No comments: