Friday, July 22, 2011

Trip continued...

Taylor and I ordered our dining room set from furniturebuzz.com 9 weeks ago; it was supposed to take 4 - 6 weeks for delivery. To save $300 compared to a local furniture store, Taylor had to assemble the furniture himself and we had to wait a few months for the furniture. The furniture was delivered on Wednesday afternoon, and yesterday Taylor sent me this photo. I can't wait to see it in person!
We went to the Butterfly Pavilion today. The pavilion was very humid; it was like walking into Houston weather. I've never been anywhere quite like it. It felt kind of magical to have exotic butterflies fluttering all around.

Brady liked the little play area the most. He stared in awe and laughed as kids ran the zip line. He also ran laps around the perimeter; a great way to burn some of that pent up energy from the long drive up here. Grammy got Brady this cool 18 wheeler full of bugs. Why would there be bugs so huge in comparison to the 18 wheeler? ... very Jurassic Park.
They also had some sea life. Brady liked looking at the lobster. Can you see Anna Belle in the photo below? It's like "Where's Waldo".
Tomorrow evening we're going to visit with Bob & Peggy (Papa's high school friends) and their children and grand children. On Sunday, I think we're going to head to Estes Park. On Monday we leave Mammaw's house and check into the historic Triple B Ranch.

As the trip progresses, we all miss Daddy more and more. We had hoped he could fly up for the last half of the trip, but that didn't work out. I think Taylor was giddy / pre-occupied the first few days alone, but it's hard to be apart this long. My family has been really helpful with the kids, but kids this age are still quite needy of their mama. When I'm on my last ounce of energy, I try to remember that these precious moments won't last long.

No comments: