Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Taylor!

Today we went to Allison's house to help her move some furniture. Afterwards we went to Pappasitos with Taylor's family and then to Taylor's parent's house. Taylor got a few nice shirts and they gave Brady this cool astronaut outfit (Taylor's birthday was 7/27 and Brady's birthday is tomorrow, 8/1). Brady still wants to say Astros-not, but he's getting better. We've spent the evening showing him videos of space shuttles taking off (repeatedly). He really likes counting down to lift off.
We've been getting Brady to do the Gig 'em thumb for a lot of pictures lately. It's not as easy as it used to be to force a smile out of him, while in front of a camera... almost as if he's getting a little bit shy on me.
Brady didn't really understand the concept of what an astronaut was at the time, but he felt pretty proud of himself in the suit. I don't know if we'll be able to get him out of it before bed time.
Anna Belle was being sweet for her Grandma. I think she's teething right now. She's been uncharacteristically fussy. I can't say it's been really bad, but she's had 1 - 2 hour spells of being uncomfortable / discontent.
This picture was from Thursday night, when we had the Dachs over to celebrate Taylor's birthday. Brady helped me bake Daddy's lemon cake while we stayed home (on our first day back from vacation). I need to learn to not get my picture taken with anything strapless.
I've only been a stay at HOME mom for 4 days, even though my last day of work was July 8th. I've mostly been on vacation. I have really enjoyed spending more time with the kids.
I think God makes every age as lovable as it is challenging. Brady pushes the limits, but it absolutely melts my heart at how frequently he says, "I love you Mommy," and gives me a hug (avg. 10 times a day). He manages to say it at the most tender moments, and it almost brings tears to my eyes. I also like to see that Brady and Anna Belle spend more time with one another. Brady sweetly checks on and talks sweetly to his sister, and she seems to simply adore him. God has truly blessed our family.

1 comment:

phillip said...

thats a great family photo of y'all at the table. Your lemon cake skills are looking pretty good. This blog makes me miss y'all so much, tell Brady Uncle Phlillip says HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love y'all!